Sunday, March 6, 2016

The LipEar Foreplay


There is something hugely civilized about allowing long pauses in a conversation. Very few people can stand that kind of silence.- James Robertson

The three dots that dance,while someone is typing at the other end is for keeping you amused on the other side and entertained, saying in a polite way to keep patience and keep drooling over the window.

Lately I’ve been thinking about who I want to, and how I want to hear & to be heard, and why I want to listen and talk it all the way I want to , and what I need to learn to that way, and who I need to become to become the kind of listening - hearing synchronized in parallel piece of attention I want to be…and when I break it all down, when I whittle it into a single breath, it essentially comes out like this: Before I die, I want to be somebody’s favorite ear & lips, the place they can put everything they know they need to survive, every secret, every solitude, every nervous prayer, and be absolutely certain I will keep it safe. I will keep it safe.

Seriously, I bet, you would say that, specially at times, when you want to sleep or want to be best friends with silence in peace, that is the time you hear the entire world's nuances(from gigantic dinosaurs to the wind passe).

For all this while, I would cover my ear with anything that came handy,imagining/faking mine to be a soundproof one. I guess I was wrong, mine is like one 3D surround gadgetry of gods inventive clear intentions. & it only gets clearer as I grow.

There is this connection to the outside world, from within, that settles me down to a thoughtful & thankful wiser self. Soul sees all, hears all (it's these walls that we grow & mend, from time to time, willing or unwanted it stands constructive/obstructively somewhere between the passage on these ear lobes. The choicest of the few ones we want to avoid, and the ones we want to abide & flaunt. The unnecessary-that wont go away(cant be done). Honking taunt, mocking rant, melodious harmony to a fiery fart.

"Don't let them be kept away from you. "Listen, lend them a ear or two." - Even its natures destiny, gods enact to - listens who?

"In the silence of love you will find the spark of life". - Rumi,

Sometimes you wander, sometimes they get lost, sometimes you hear them calling you and most of the times, they seem to be there for ever, its just ones vigilant attention seeking admiration and self realization that could maketh one hear and listen to the pettiest of the sounds.

After all that you talked to mea about, are you listening to me? - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment