Saturday, September 15, 2012

SHOPPING ONLINE-The Box’Treasure Hunt’Shipment’


I got this parcel delivered to me after having had shopped online, & without checking the whole package out, I handed over the cash to the delivery guy (that's what we generally do). After unwrapping the packet, I realized that I was charged unreasonably for the four out of one products that I had ordered & received & there was nothing at all beside this one.Yet trying to figure out the whole issue, I mailed to the xyz.com & I got several calls pertaining to the same, trying to figure out about the whereabouts of the other items-undelivered.

After two days. something terrifically Insane happened, which was, that this cardboard box which had the item packed actually had the items, in it, but to my surprise the cardboard was clubbed with another cardboard, inside (double packed),with three layers of xyz.com ‘branded’ plastic packing over it, and tapes everywhere.

I wonder, I would have immediately thrown away the box, but since I generally keep such user-friendly boxes in an attempt to use it somehow or the other, it would have been difficult never founding my rest of the delivered items.

These guys should be specific about, how the parcel was packed, So that the customer can really do a thorough search or for that matter not be surprised if things like this happened.The box was emptied, after this one product was found inside(a), and the other (b,c,d), were there down at the bottom of the parcel.

How insane it was to actually have thought, that something like this could even happen, I mean who would pack two boxes together, making it look like one box & then gluing & taping it more to top it all , like it was one box. Had I not removed the tape, I would not have even got a hint that this had happened.

I wish I could have clicked a picture of the same, and posted. Anyways! I guess "all's well that ends well" I had done a commendable job of unwrapping & finding the invisible box.

It was like one of those "Treasure-Hidden" Games, where participants would go finding the hidden treasure & once found, would win.

I was cursing the the packaging department. They should mention in the fully specified details in such cases, as to where the parcel could be stuck and glued inside a parcel along with a thermacol padding. I would have taken it as an extra padded packaging part if not had taken out every inch of the card-board box, tearing down the thermacol & the plastic-bubble  wrapping bits.

Recalling it as - Dabbey main Dabba "Box in a Box, thanking my enlightened brilliance for giving me courage ,patience & intellect of have finally founding the lost. (It's like' you get something from nowhere, and you tend to get excited about it "like - giving a child three chocolates, when he/she is expecting one or/none. The excitement & happiness of finding out something that was lost/out of sight, which you had not even in your wildest dreams anticipated to be there.

I happened to have shared this incidence over the blog on the Internet as well. I do appreciate the cooperation of 
xyz.com customer care & wanted to bring to there notice about this, so they did not panic any further trying to figure about the whereabouts of the product-delivery & charges of the "lost & found." I've learned my lesson now, next time, I would make a recording of the box opened right in front of the delivery person and checked before I made payments & confirmed that 'everything was fine". Looking forward to shop more at xyz.com, & hopefully no more tearing down packaging in attempts to hunt down for any 'hidden-treasures within whatsoever to my surprise'. - Anonymous, 28, Delhi, India

No comments:

Post a Comment