Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The Shadows

Ah! be gracious, tenderly relenting, Take not back thy gifts with churlish hand; Let the breath of thy serene consenting, Falter through the weary land. Anywhere or everywhere around-surround, I find no beauty to rejoice to, thee compels me no more, for my soul is my only companion, that travels with me, it finds content staying peaceful or sobbed and soaked wherever I be. It does not gets tamed or lured to any more beyond my skin. He would have loved to get a tan though, but he is afraid to get out in the sun. He loves the moonlight terraces but scared to death in lonesome fear he denies to exit from his comfort zone. Like a toddler he is afraid of shadows at night too. He might just be too afraid, fearing his own shadow. Most people think that shadows follow, precede, or surround beings or objects. The truth is that they also surround words, ideas, desires, deeds, impulses and memories. -Elie Wiesel Despite he happily peeps from thy window, to the world of alive and dead. but more often hides inside confiding to its habituated par excellence of existence. His very own existence. He is afraid of my shadow, he think it's going to eat him if he steps out. Seen that, done that, it seeks no more, for I carry him wherever I go. You're afraid of your own shadow And I won't let you walk in mine. There's a light somewhere inside you, but you will not let it shine...I told you as your lover I told you as a friend. All I can do is show you now. The only way I can. We've come this far and we'll go no farther. Well every now and then the brain is poisoned and the heart is drenched and soaked in piles of this that bit & shit. With its own smiles & miseries, Life stays quite and is grounded still, soon headed to go more miles pretending to ditch. My shadow is red It´s different from yours, I´m here today, hidden in the dark...The light brings the shadow of which I must run. There's this vicious cycle of moon & the sun. I so wish , he was not afraid & fear no more, and rise & shine in its own love galore - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment