Friday, August 16, 2019

Sleeping in the Garden


My nostrils have been making these weird whistling sounds, quite in tune & vivid at times. Are these signals about uncertain certainty or there was someone inside me breathing? I have not been quite feeling well from last two weeks, caught in an infectious outburst of cough & breathlessness. 

The crows have been visiting me lately... They look angry or something. Are they scolding me?, or are they hungry too, or hinting onto something.

The ants & The cockroaches seem to be fleeing away to a safer place, while the lizards have come out of hibernation, my hogging partners in crime; the squirrels are in there own usual playful mood & the cat roams mischievously often near my corridors. Even the plants & trees are going through a transitional phase. The rains & clouds are friends again, often pouring into drizzles or cats & dogs. The weather kind of is annoyingly irritating, as they say anything that’s for too long, seldom is not good. Even the two dogs who I see in routine seem to have fled away, by the other group of rowdy dogs(like werewolves, making noises in haunted places, while there eyes lit in the dark), that seem to have positioned themselves now in new territory, seem to create quite a nuisance at times. They would even bark at me, when they would see me standing inside my house. I would, if I could, bark back at them, & tell them, this was my territory. I wasn’t scared of four legged creatures other then the two legged inhumane, but I guess, I couldn't be friends with just every one, you never know what’s in store in such ambushed disguise.

Life was all about a thoughtful set of conveniences of choices often sought, which seem to have not been working for me, even if I tried harder. Was I sleeping under the dead tree?

"I seem to have been running out of patience, stuck somewhere between the odd ends." All jumbled up with things around me, in a double whammy of sorts. A week before my hard disk crashed, and it's been days - my smart phone just won't work. My spectacles broke and was replaced twice. Even my tooth underwent a painful 'coming out dilemma'...I don’t want to complaint, but... The network seems to visit often at its own sweet will, making you even more vulnerable at times, when you really need it.

The brain gathers a lot more, that gets stored in bits & pieces and memory can be deceiving, if you are in a situation & often complain about forgetfulness being a lame excuse, when it comes to finding or remembering things not so easy, you should probably get going - doing things there and then because you just might not recall the find reasons later, or even get a chance. You don't want them to be haunting you in dreams, do you?

"I wish I had lots of white rabbits under my black hat".

How much of a sleep was necessary to actually dream? Was it actually necessary to sleep to dream? Some of them, rather petrifying, others emotionally overwhelming...unsure for the moment how real or fake they were supposedly to be assumed, all I know they carried along lasting impression. I wish, I could say 'more the merrier'...but then its gets scary when your have exasperating ones. Shuffling between this & that in a state of sleep or no sleep, tossing & turning now & then, while one side of you trying to make you sleep, & the other half not letting you. These are those weird times, when you often get up, sit still upright or lie down, questioning wondrously how things actually worked. The visions start to appear and then vanish into a disappearing act, like a magician, who hallucinates its audience, disillusioned with illusions in random, from nowhere, new & old tricks popping out in its playfulness carrying with it a nostalgic momentum of sorts that surprise you with anxiety of sorts, and one couldn’t help but think about everything else...The body wants to sleep, but the brain seems to enjoy a sleepwalk in its unconscious consciousness. 

I was yawning, & just about when, I was trying to sleep, I felt like something was running over my skin, first time, I thought it to be just nothing, the second time, took it as a piece of blanket, I was wrapped in, but eventually third time, I was off the bed, on my feet, on the ground, with lights turned on, clearing & cleaning my vision with spectacles on, trying to magnify & look if I could find a tiny particle or a big horrid one wrapped around the sheet on bed or between pillows. I couldn’t find nothing...I don’t know, if I missed it, just in case, if at all there was something. I didn’t wanted to roach the poor guy & was afraid about it roaching me.

"Forget about the, creative juices, I was more concerned about my taste buds quenching for a meal & edible shakes & juices".

They say way to a man's heart is through good food & once the tummy was filled it certainly promised a good sleep too. The dreams might have been feeding upon me.  Its 3 a.m and I guess I have better things to do beside, sleeping & feeding(fueling) the awaken hungry soul. Luckily now, that food gets delivered twenty four into seven, irrespective of the gate locks and street dogs stalking you, on the lonely roads, you still cant be certain, if the food reaches you in time. The gprs doesn’t promises an apt location either, besides, if it rained, it was more of a drill. 

I was sleeping in the garden when I saw you first. He'd put me deep, deep under so that he could work, and like the dawn you broke the dark and my whole earth shook...At last, at last...Bones, my bones and flesh of my flesh, at last. You were the brightest shade of sun I had ever seen. Your skin was gilded with the gold of the richest kings and like the dawn you woke the world inside of me, when I saw you. At last, and you will surely be the death of me, but how could I have known? I was sleeping in the garden, I can show you... (Like the Dawn - The Oh Hellos)

I felt like "Alice in Wonderland", full of all of sorts of creatures in a magical world. - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment