Saturday, May 25, 2013

Guested Leaves-PLANT LIFE


There was this sudden joy instilled within me, as if the plant's were telling me' we need a bath, we've been out all day long & are dusty &
muddy. - Watering the plants is like giving more life to the already lively.

They look so sad at times to me, as if they waited in anguish for the showers more often. The sun all day long - straight ahead, up right & over the head with scorching heat had almost killed the enthusiasm & with very little or no rains or drizzles at all thy felt so

The little child in me was always thrilled to play with water, as much as the plants would have been. I so wished - I could get wet in rain more often too, other then taking a pipe & standing underneath & getting wet - "(smiley face)".

I've chopped & trimmed few & uprooted some.

"I so wish - I was a plant, staying in there unconditionally without any expectation", now that makes me wonder, if the plants ever wished 'if they could be humans'?

They would stare at me, as I stood there, staring back at them, whenever I would pass by them or would look at them from a window not very far. I often wondered, if they were actually frowning or smiling. 


"Poor they" - When I see them, I say it to my self! I guess, they might be saying the same looking at me - in a sign language, or muted whispers, because, I know they can hear me, they arent deaf & i talk to them often, its just like they don't reciprocate like we humans do. I have seen them reacting at times, they got there own mood swings too.

These tree-leaves & branches silently para-glide finding there way down to the outer skirts and to the interiors of my house like trespassers & settle down there like an uninvited guest. Most of them all dried up & few afresh - they seem to have found solace & company of the likewise. 

Some of them not even fall to the ground, they are stuck on the branches & everything else & they lie there, waiting. The old ones get nestled up in a despair hope to find shelter to thee refuge in rescue & rest in peace for as long as they could, & the young ones keep playing games, running down from one place to another in groups. In shades of green, off-white & yellow. While the scotching sun would make deserted, the wind would blow(shoo) them away to all the possible corners, where they all would pile-up in hills & mountains a scattered few enjoying there bit.   

There are even other set of visitors at the run-way area, the balcony & the garden, and they even find there way in the slightest of the gaps or openings available. They as such have no fixed place you see - all they do is '
leave no place empty'. 

"They keep falling, & they shall forever"

Strangely, I almost once in fifteen days would broom them up, and pile them up at one corner & decide to leave them there, & later, I would fill them up in a bag-pack &
leave them at other places. How could I abandon thee, just like that & throw them away. I know, for, I shall be guilty of dispersing them from there diaspora but I would not the felony of being called apathetic, hurting the lying-wanderings.

Hey Mr. Tree "that's what I say to thee' why don't you make your leaves fall on the outer skirts of my house, and not inside, for I find it difficult to broom thee almost everyday, for they fall everyday.

I would broom them on to the corner of the sided wall, after a few steps, I would see them running down to the next corner with a "catch me if you can" expression/gesture, taking those baby steps, without even letting me know. Mostly they stay grounded but as soon as, I would go inside & later come back to see them, the most of them would have already dispersed. I get a feeling, they were just trying to be friendly & playful.

They would be lying all composed-decomposed, fragmented-defragmented & everyone would often notice them.


How miraculously wondrous it is to see a new seedling coming-out(born) of the dried decayed (dead) foliage/leafage 
pile & grow on its own. How fascinating it is to see that there is life in something as petite as a leaf that even the almost dead ones, 'still lives-on'.

Only at all, if there were trees that would not shed, life would have been a little more easier! but then, I would not have got a story to share in here, would I? - Anonymous ,35, India Delhi

No comments:

Post a Comment