Wednesday, May 29, 2013

MIXER & The Cold-Coffee



"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons," ...Do I dare. Disturb the universe?  ― T.S. Eliot

It's been this old mixer, that's often used mostly for making cold coffee, almost on every alternate day.

& luckily it even works & does not seem to consume much power, as & when there is no electricity - hooked to the sockets, kept at places that are on inverter. It even shifts from one place to another - it seems to be going places.it has even made its way to the bedroom at the odd hours, but mostly it stays quiet on the kitchen shelve.

At times when it's to be used at weird hours, its shifted to my bed room, so the next door neighbors don't get disturbed and question me the very next morning,since they were habitual to such taunting & questioning, and I by now have adapted myself to there nose poking now & then', They would say "We heard the mixer running late in the wee hours at 3:00 A.M, What on earth, would you be doing with it"  & my reply would be, I was using it to grind & dismantle my emotions soaked in my tears LOL, jokes apart, They would themselves know the answer, and would ask, "Were you making cold coffee at night"?, & I would look at their face, & reply "No, I was grinding the coconut for my Idli's/Idly (The savory cakes cooked - made by steaming a batter consisting of fermented black lentils (dehusked) and rice.)  - for I was hungry & was craving for an early morning breakfast." 


Most of the times that I would use it to crush the sugar down into tiny particles so that it becomes more soluble enough for these cold crushers or either way it was for something that I might happen to use it for, but of everything else my fondness for coffee had me doing the needful most of the times. If I would talk about my 'Survival to the fittest' 
metaphoric phrase, that struggles for existence, ironically I just seem to have happened to have coffee by my side to linger on to, in order to live & abide by my evolutionary mechanism, that had me doing things, that I would.

"The whole mechanics that underwent into the churning & grinding - headed to a wholesomeness of kinds" 


For me it was all about survival, and coffee would come to my recuse & give me this peace & high at the same time making me more relaxed..Whether it already made & kept in the refrigerator or its about time, I needed to make one for myself for night & day - all long. It was like my dose for the day to night survival.The mixer & the jugs & the glasses needed a good wash every time & they would be kept for a while on the shelve, where-in they would themselves get soaked up & dry to be used again.

However there happened to be an interestingly funny thing a day back, I forgot to add milk, and blindly kept churning the mixer with only sugar & coffee and after a minute later, that I realized after hearing the hollow & not so friendly usual sound of the churning that I would every time in the process. So the milk was added & the effort was victorious. The other day the cold coffee in the mixer, popped-out, by force, and half of it spread all across at the places it wasn't meant to be & I would go about in my time-consuming useless effort to clean the unnecessary & later continue making cold coffee and feel sorry about the coffee, sugar & the milk being wasted. nevertheless at times, if possible, I would make it a point  that the spoil milk that spilled be used & put to better use, so if at all I was able to collect most of it I would do that & serve & feed the street dogs & cats. I am aware that they aren't that fond of coffee though.

I had been a little finicky bout sharing my cold coffee with anyone, but now at thirty-five I have come over it. I used to feel jealous when someone would ask me for cold coffee & I would rather go about saying - "Its mine", There just ain't absolutely anything that could substitute coffee & no matter hot or cold - it has to be there & I just need to have it everyday. So next time anyone is inviting me at home, please make sure you have ample amount of milk kept at your home and without asking me bring me my large glasses of one or more cold coffee. I better pray that my mixer stays all right and in a steady working condition or I shall be in trouble. Winter's or Summers I need it to be an absolutely amazing performer.

Looking forward to use the mixer more often to grind & chop these tomatoes, capsicum & onions & everything else for my delightful culinary-cooking skills. I hope you enjoyed my chit-chatting about my love-affair with the cold coffee & the mixer. - Anonymous, 35, Delhi, India

No comments:

Post a Comment