Thursday, September 12, 2013

MOUSE & The TASK-BAR


These energy & time consuming tasks had me glued to a hell lot of troubleshooting drill - making me wonder-wander in panic attacks, trying to get hold of & make it work, sort it out & settle down.

OK how do I start, now, where do I start it all from. Well. Last two days have been quite irritating for me, it had made me quite sad. I was trying to work on my laptop, with all the necessary leftover options coming to my rescue. It's been some months, I don't know how come, and why, my touch-pad/track-pad mouse substitute(pointing device) vanishes & disappears from the screen - it's somewhere off the screen - blinking-winking(I hope so)but no idea where it'll be(sinking)having no tail to catch hold of & having left no trails of its whereabouts whatsoever left - might just get difficult. Maybe its tactile sensors are not translating the motion and position of my fingers, transferring its relative position (output) to the screen.

Suddenly in between for a while, I would see it there(appear) & the next moment it would be gone with the wind. I’ve just manage to finish off & do away with what I was working. Hitting the esc button, once or more, along with some key hitting on to its inbuilt keyboard, keypad & fingering & scrolling touch pad seems to have solved the issue as of now. Meanwhile in my attempt to address the issue which reappears in the middle of nowhere, now & then...I often ask to my self - I shall be relieved - when? 

Now, I could not see my task-bar(movable, concealable icon bar that is set on the very edge of the graphical user interface (GUI) desktop serving as a launching pad for applications as well as a holder for icons indicating running programs) I wondered, if by any chance, the taskbar got itself positioned - secretively hidden(auto-hide) being placed at the bottom of the screen(portions of the desktop) or got repositioned to the top, left or right - removed from observation, covered or kept from sight. Why it had to play - pretending-preventing or avoid disclosing or divulging. What was it so afraid of, in its frightful fright? I would always make sure though to have it safely locked in a place, so I never had to run to chase. Astonished to the sight, & irritated with the plight, I turned down my system & turned it back on - a number of times, after trying to check & reset & change the default settings - finding in the task-bar options (help)and control panel and figuring out ways to resolve the issues. After having successfully witnessed the taskbar back with a start button holding its place. still there were quick launch & icons representing running applications - toggle buttons missing, that were supposed to be there in routine. I could not see the clock, calendar & volume control on the notification area either, though I had managed to somehow miraculously get hold of, along with other pinned in shortcuts for everything else! I could have however over come the disadvantage of the missing task-bar with windows key coming to help, though it became little stupid, using the alt-tab key’s for peeking in the windows open(tasks). I was not much perturbed with the fact, though things were running as they had too, but then suddenly something happened and luckily, I got my task-bar back in its full form & glory (with everything on it as it was meant to be). Now I don't even remember how and what of getting it back...never-mind!

I mean I was happy (thrilled would be the precise word though) that I did not had to take my laptop to the vendor for something as silly as this.

As of now the task-bar is working fine(seems to be) and so is the mouse, I guess I need to give my laptop a little rest now, else I would be seeing a lot of things missing here & there (disappearing) & eventually not working! sigh! It's like everyone should be imparted with this technical knowledge about troubleshooting one's system, else would be difficult for anyone, everyone, facing such technically challenged intricacies, and crying out for help! - these gadget's I tell you. God I only know, how all terrific of thing's I’ve witnessed lately! May it be tablet, mobile, PC, laptop & so on! For the ones who have stopped completely - may they rest in peace, & for the ones which still work in bits & pieces, might just get well soon.

Happens all the time with me, I guess - I am used to it by now!

Interestingly, here comes the task-bar & sadly, here goes the mouse once again. I guess they aren't friends & either one of it seems to be deliberately wanting the other one to go away so they could possibly take turns or happily stay for a while - making me having to struggle to sort things out. They seem to be attention seekers, trying to commit felony - in there deliberate attempt to pester me (with there intentions so malice) with their ulterior motive being to have me engaged somehow through. Calibrating the task-bar or getting hold of mouse nuances aint a easy job - it seldom is a painstaking task that puts one behind a lot of trouble to deal with. I always keep a mouse handy & you never know, when the taskbar runs out - but then I have my ways to deal with it. Its difficult getting hold of either one of it & see it appear & disappear at its own sweet will. They’ll be hanging in there, or completely get killed, good for me, I never lose patience so easily - I too am a strong willed. 

Trying to get it back with a tricky act, it was not here to stay, it just came for a moment & then fled away! How use to, we get of things, & not seeing them, makes us worry in annoyance - something ain't right. There had to be limits to tolerance(tell me about it) - heights!

I guess all is well that end's well, if everything had been going smoothly, would I have a story to tell? - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment