Friday, September 10, 2021

Empty Yourself

Oh yes!, empty yourself to your hearts content.

“Life is uncertain, eat your desert first”

Not everything karma will do for you. Learn to insult people when they deserve it.

”I’ve seen tears of the oppressed, and they have no comforter, and power is on the side of the oppressors and they have no comforter. And I know that the dead who've already died are happier than the living...but better than the both is the one who has never been born.

“It took many years of vomiting up all the filth I'd been taught about myself, and half-believed, before I was able to walk on the earth as though I had a right to be there” - James Baldwin 

“Everyone is living their lies somewhere” 

I've seen, good people go bad, smart people go mad. Most people are perfectly content, living in their dreary little worlds. They just cling to the edge of the toilet bowl, trying to keep their heads above water, hoping some fool won't come along to pull the chain. Its only when they hear that flushing sound, and begin to sly down into the abyss that they'd start talking stock at their lives.          

What about the people who are so comfortable in their suffering?  they don't even know that the chain had been pulled. 

I'll paraphrase Thoreau here. "Rather than love, than money, then faith, than fame, than fairness, "give me truth."

Instincts that seem to sense the threat of a loss so huge and irrecoverable that the mind balks at taking its measure.

I’d begin to wonder if I can understand all that anyone is saying any longer, but I catch myself and remember that these are not the ones we grew up with, but people softened by the forced reflection that comes with loss. Still, everything has to be said. And I trust everything has to be done. This is our life.

Travel and tell no one, live a true love story and tell no one, live happily and tell no one, people ruin beautiful things.- Khalil Gibran

I've walked the path of life & I must tell you ...you'll encounter difficulties, but you have to keep an open mind. Don't be the bull endlessly ramming its horns into the corner of the room.

Life is not just about what you do, it's more about how you do it. 

Your mind is very powerful. Saying to yourself what you would be; & then do what you have to do. - Epictetus  

We'll keep ignoring possibilities because of probabilities. Irony at its best and worst!

Well... Some people feel like they don't deserve love. They walk away quietly into empty spaces, trying to close the gaps to the past. There will be things, which will take you down, & lift you back up again. You might be reckless, strong but needy, humble but greedy. You can't always get the best of both worlds.   

Cutting ties with people who constantly hurt you isn’t enough; you must also cut ties with the version of you who allowed that shit to continue as long as it did.  

I’m not afraid of werewolves or vampires or haunted hotels, I’m afraid of what real human beings do to other real human beings.- Walter Jon Williams

So' there you have it, a tale so glorious, it may seem quite spurious...  
Do as you want, do as you hunch. but please remember, 
there's no such thing as a 'Free Lunch'.  
Chin Chin!
  
“We are passively enslaved to this bitter indignation, enjoying our servitude with a crude, animalistic joy, that comes out of having been treated unfairly.”- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment